Saugus

Saugus, CA was actually the first area in the Santa Clarita Valley named by Henry Mayo Newhall when he obtained a 40,000 acre parcel of land known as Rancho San Francisco which covered much of the Santa Clarita Valley. Having been born in Saugus, Massachusetts, Mayo named the new train station "Saugus" after giving right-of-way to the Pacific railroad to cross the SCV. Saugus eventually gave way to the Newhall community, but still remained a quiet enclave in the north end of the Valley.

The very first tract homes were built in Saugus with the ground-breaking of the Bonelli tract in 1950. Those homes are still desired by home buyers for their modest floor plans built on comfortably-sized lots.


Since then, Saugus has grown into a wonderful bedroom community in the north end of the Santa Clarita Valley, with a wide variety of home choices for buyers to select from. Saugus is also home to the historic Saugus Speedway where Santa Clarita residents can shop at the open-air market on the weekends. The Metrolink rail station is right next door to the speedway to whisk commuters to the metropolitan Los Angeles area and beyond. 

For a full color look at Saugus, click the image below: